A survey of RE/MAX Brokers revealed that the best places to live in Vancouver are Main, West End and Kerrisdale rank as the top three neighbourhoods in Vancouver for access to green spaces and parks, walkability, retail and restaurants and the ease of getting around/public transit.
Where should I live in Vancouver?
The 8 best places to live in Vancouver:
- The West End.
- South Vancouver.
- West Point Grey.
- Mount Pleasant.
- South Granville.
Where should I not live in Vancouver?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Vancouver, BC
- Chinatown. Population 3,588. 58 % …
- Mole Hill. Population 370. 55 % …
- Historic Japantown. Population 5,762. 54 % …
- Downtown Eastside. Population 21,140. 50 % …
- Westbrook Village. Population 4,166. 46 % …
- Hogans Alley. Population 233. 43 % …
- Gastown. Population 3,888. 41 % …
- Strathcona. Population 1,562.
What’s the best part of Vancouver?
Best neighbourhoods in Vancouver
- Main Street. Cool neighbourhoods in Vancouver: Main Street. …
- Railtown District. Best Vancouver neighbourhoods: Railtown. …
- Davie Village. Cool neighbourhoods in Vancouver: Davie Village. …
- Chinatown. Cool neighbourhoods in Vancouver: Chinatown. …
- Kitsilano. …
- Yaletown. …
- Lower Lonsdale.
What is the safest place to live in Vancouver?
Top 5 Safest Places in Vancouver
- West Point Grey.
- South Cambie.
- Arbutus Ridge.
Where do the rich live in Vancouver?
Point Grey Road, Kitsilano
This is the city’s most exclusive street with captivating Vancouver vistas spanning from the ocean to the mountains.
Is it better to live in Toronto or Vancouver?
Vancouver is undoubtedly a bustling place too, but it just doesn’t quite have the global city vibe that Toronto has. The nightlife, shopping and eating options are generally better than Vancouver. If you’re looking to live in a Canadian New York City, Toronto is the place for you.
Why is East Hastings so bad?
The Downtown Eastside (DTES) is a neighbourhood in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. One of the city’s oldest neighbourhoods, the DTES is the site of a complex set of social issues including disproportionately high levels of drug use, homelessness, poverty, crime, mental illness and sex work.
Is it cheaper to live in Vancouver or Portland?
Portland is 14.4% more expensive than Vancouver. Portland housing costs are 32.3% more expensive than Vancouver housing costs.
What is the richest area in Vancouver?
Here are the most expensive streets in Vancouver for 2021.
- Point Grey Road in Kitsilano, featuring Chip Wilson’s Mansion. …
- Belmont Avenue, Point Grey. …
- Osler Street, Shaughnessy. …
- The Crescent, Shaughnessy. …
- Newton Wynd, University Endowment Lands.
Where should I live in North Vancouver?
10 Most Liveable Neighbourhoods in North Vancouver
- Lower Capilano Marine.
- Lions Gate.
- Central Lonsdale.
- Lower Lonsdale.
What is the most beautiful part of Vancouver?
Beautiful Places In Vancouver
- English Bay. Vancouver’s famous English Bay can’t be beat! …
- Deep Cove. Tucked away in North Vancouver, this little community overlooks Indian Arm, a branch of the Burrard Inlet. …
- Grouse Mountain. …
- Capilano Suspension Bridge. …
- Whytecliff Park. …
- Coal Harbour. …
- VanDusen Gardens.
Where do artists live in Vancouver?
The Jungle in east Vancouver, The Jazz House in south Vancouver, and Inspiral Community Mansion in Fairview are just a few of the homes that have been established in recent years. There are typically six to 11 artists living in each house.
Which city is safer Toronto or Vancouver?
Compared to Toronto, Vancouver is a lot more relaxed. … In Toronto, there is a higher crime rate per capita, so when you consider the size difference between the two, Vancouver can be easily considered the safer city.
Is West End Vancouver safe?
A jury of seven professional planners named the West End as the Great Neighbourhood. Juror Jaspal Marwah MCIP, RPP stated that “the West End makes it easy, safe and inviting for residents to walk and bike to work, to access thriving local businesses and to explore Vancouver’s beaches, trails and Stanley Park.
Where should I live in BC?
Top Overall Places to Live in BC
- Oak Bay.
- Cowichan Bay.
- North Saanich.
- Central Saanich.